Event Phone: 857-272-5695
- NoLA Yellow Belt
April 1, 2021 - April 9, 2021
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thank you to our host firm, Kean Miller, for their partnership and flexibility in rescheduling this in person event. Updates will be communicated via our newsletter. Sign up here.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE YELLOW BELT. ALL ARE WELCOME.
This Legal Lean Sigma® course includes lectures, exercises, simulations, videos, discussions, group work, and demonstrations covering key Process Improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) and Project Management, tools, and concepts, with many examples and case studies from law firms and legal departments. Exercises will deal with a specific process your table team chooses. All table registrations include a short call with a member of the faculty to select your team’s process in advance.
The learning objectives of the combined Yellow Belt course are to:
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology associated with processes, process improvement, and project management
- Articulate the case for carrying out project management and process improvement systematically
- Understand the benefits of combining Lean Sigma and project management within a law firm or legal department
- Describe the key process improvement tool kits (Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints) and the main concepts behind each
- Understand the key stages of project management
- Become familiar with proven approaches to project management (waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Communicate the 5 key phases in executing a process improvement project (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Know the most common tools used project management and in each phase of a process improvement project (Project Charters, process mapping)
- Apply the concepts, steps, and tools to project management and process improvement opportunities in law offices/firms and legal departments
- Know what is required to move beyond carrying out process improvements opportunistically
- Learn how project management and process improvement support collaboration, practice management, and innovation
Each participant will receive a course book upon arrival and a certificate upon successful completion of the course. Registration for all table teams includes a complimentary prep call with a Legal Lean Sigma Institute instructor to help select participants and/or a process to use for the workshop components of the course.
Legal aid, military, government law offices and students, please contact Catherine@LegalLeanSigma.com to request preferred registration pricing.