- Yellow Belt Certification Course - VIRTUAL
July 26, 2021 - July 30, 2021
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Legal Lean Sigma® Process Improvement and Project VIRTUAL Yellow Belt Certification Course
Monday July 26, Tuesday July 27, Wednesday July 28, Thursday July 29 and Friday July 30, 2021 from 12 – 3:30 pm EDT / 11 am – 2:30 pm CDT / 9 am – 12:30 pm PDT/ 5 – 8:30 pm BST each day
- Individual registration: $2475
- Team registration (up to 7): $9975
This process improvement and project management certification course is designed for those who want to do more than just get an introduction to the concepts and primary tools. There are no prerequisites or preparation required to register. Typically, the Legal Lean Sigma Institute’s Yellow Belt Certification is required to become a Green or Black Belt candidate.
The course includes lectures, exercises, simulations, videos, discussions, group work, and demonstrations covering key Process Improvement (Lean, Six Sigma) and Project Management (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall) methodologies, tools, and concepts. We use examples and case studies from law firms and legal departments so that participants learn how to apply what works in other industries to what we do in legal.
Exercises will allow teams to learn and develop draft work with respect to one, specific process working in breakout rooms on Zoom. For those attending as a team, your registration includes a prep call with an instructor so that we can assist you with pre-selecting the process you will use during the workshop components of the course. Individual registrants will be asked to provide their top three business (Intake, Onboarding, Billing, Timekeeping) or legal (Litigation, Discovery, Trademark application, Transaction, Divorce) process choices and will be placed on a team with aligned interests.
A Yellow Belt Certification will be granted to all successful participants when the course concludes. Please register with the exact name you would like to appear on your certificate.
The learning objectives of the combined Yellow Belt course are to:
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology associated with processes, process improvement, and project management
- Articulate the case for carrying out project management and process improvement systematically and within the P+ Ecosystem™
- Understand the benefits of combining Lean Sigma, project management, and Design Thinking for applications by a law office and/or legal department
- Describe the key process improvement toolkits (Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints) and the main concepts behind each
- Communicate the 5 key phases in executing a process improvement project (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control/Sustain)
- Understand the key stages of project management
- Become familiar with alternative and proven approaches to project management (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Know the most common tools used project management and in each phase of a process improvement project
- Determine how to surface, select, and prioritize opportunities in law firms / legal departments
- Know what is required to move beyond carrying out process improvements opportunistically
- Learn how project management and process improvement support collaboration, practice management, transformation, and innovation!
Agenda – LLSI Yellow Belt Certification Course